Writing a book includes:
- Post-production and promotion.
It includes all of these steps whether you are publishing commercially or on your own.
So I’ll be tracking all those other steps as I work through them on this board.
Today, the task on WARPAINT is to let it sit for a few more days so I can look at the whole book with objective eyes.
However, I’m in the witches’ brew of production, post-production and promotion simultaneously on Hunting the Corrigan’s Blood, and my task list for that book for THIS WEEK is as follows.
- Proof and correct print version of manuscript (Pages).
- Upload final print version of HTCB. (CreateSpace)
- Finish print cover layout. (Fireworks)
- Transfer corrections to epub versions. (Pages, Scrivener)
- Transfer and adapt high-res print cover to low-res epub cover. (Fireworks)
- Redo solo vocal track for Didn’t Expect That—the Corrigan’s Blood song. (GarageBand, Fission)
- Write the cover copy for HTCB. (Pages)
- Set up the sales pages for my site, Amazon, B&N, Apple, and possibly Kobo (Kobo is not impressing me) (Dreamweaver, Fireworks, WordPress.
- Put together the HTCB music video, and get it on YouTube. (Fireworks, Keynote, Photo-to-Movie)
- Print out my stripped-down list of HTRYN Worksheets so I’ll be ready to go on the revision next week.
So that’s my week. Starting now by reading the corrections my HTCB ARC readers have sent me, and fixing typos and other small errors.
Okay. Have finished the corrections from the list of typos my HTCB readers got in last night and today. Will collect and check lists that come before 8 AM tomorrow morning as tomorrow’s first job.
Now I need to see if I can get the solo voice track for Didn’t Expect That recorded to my satisfaction.
And then there’s the rest of that list…
Contents © Holly Lisle. https://hollylisle.com All Rights Reserved