A range of fascinating things my search on the term “valley of the shadow of death” turned up:
- Directions on how to get there
- Israeli bus article
- Lewis Carroll poem
- Crimean war photo
- Bizarre instructions for a card game
- A grim article in the Asia Times about life under Islamic fundamentalists
- Synopsis of Episode 6 of Ken Burns’ amazing The Civil War documentary
- A hospice RN’s editorial about options at the end of life — as an RN who dealt directly with these issues, I strongly encourage you to read all of this
- Article on the 150th anniversary of the Charge of the Light Brigade
- A man’s reaction to his wife
There were a lot more. A story about a cuckoo clock. A whole lot of Sept. 11 reminiscences (always encouraging to find that I spelled “reminiscences” correctly).
But nothing that went “click”. Nothing that said, “I’m the shadow you’re searching for.” Might be time to open up Inspiration and dig through some of my old shadows.
No. New document in Word, and ten minutes of free writing with the sentence “I am the shadow you’re looking for” as the first line.
Try it too, if you’re feeling daring.
Contents © Holly Lisle. https://hollylisle.com All Rights Reserved