My name is Holly Lisle and I’m a full-time writer.
On my personal site, you’ll find tons of novel chapters, articles on writing and publishing, my frequently opinionated and sometimes controversial weblog, links to my novels and writing courses, and more.
Welcome. I’m glad you’re here.
For readers new to my work, I’ve put together a cross section of chapters from current and older novels, some complete new and reprinted short stories, original and reprinted poetry, and some other things.
- Are you my reader?
- Chapters from current and coming-soon novels – Includes new work, reprints, and “coming soon” fiction
- Short stuff – Complete short stories, poems, and more
- Older work – Still in print, not in bookstores, have not yet reverted to me
- Worldbuilding – Various artifacts, maps, and other things I’ve created to help me flesh out my fiction
I’ve written extensively about writing, including creating writing FAQs, articles, workshops, classes, and complete courses. My shorter nonfiction material is here. The bigger things are at HowToThinkSideways.com.
- Writing FAQs – Commercial and self-publishing questions and answers
- Writing Heart, Mind, and Soul – Essays about the writing life, WHY you write, and how you survive it
- Writing How-To’s – From starting a novel to querying once it’s done, I’ve hit the basics
- Writing Workshops – A series of quick, free workshops to help you write better
My bookshop is on my OTHER site, but but you CAN get there from here:
- My Fiction – My current work, plus reprints
- NEW in the Shop
- Quick-Start Courses – Discover whether my methods work for you before going bigger
- Short Writing Courses – In-depth courses on plotting, character creation, and more…
- How To Think Sideways: Career Survival School for Writers
- How To Revise Your Novel: Get the Book You WANT from the Wreck You Wrote
- How To Write A Series
Discussion, debate, and details on what interests me and what I’m doing now.
[weaver_show_posts number=”2″ hide_top_info=”1″ hide_bottom_info=”1″ more_msg=”More…”]
[/div] [div class=’clear-cols’] [/div]