Today I realized that I’d planned and outlined more than I can fit into 90,000 words.
I figured out my number of chapters, figured out that I’m averaging 3000 words per chapter, and had to remove about five segments of story from my existing outline — and now will finish the book in just five more chapters, one of which I wrote a lot of today.
Which meant re-outlining the ending. I’m not doing any cliffhangers in this series. Every single story has to stand on its own, in spite of also holding down a big piece of the action of a whole MUCH larger story that will take place over five books.
But I did the re-outline, tightened up a lot of the action, and replotted the ending.
And discovered that by doing this, I’m gonna have a LOT of fun doing the rest of these chapters.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I plan to.
And I’ll be leaping back into the novel fray with delight and enthusiasm next Monday.