So I DID get over 600 words done on TalysMana done Sunday night. Posted the chapter, which will go out on schedule.
I’m not doing fiction tonight, because the holidays ate my deadlines alive, and I’m pedalling insanely trying to catch back up.
But I wanted to tell you this, which relates to my New Year’s Resolution, and which I want to make available to everyone:
Here’s how you turn your dreams into reality.
- Decide that what you want is valuable because YOU value it, and because it matters to you.
- Figure out WHY it matters to you. If it matters to you because someone else told you it’s important, it matters to THEM. If you feel guilty because you aren’t doing it, the reason you aren’t doing it is because it doesn’t matter to you. Walk away. You can break you life on thing you don’t care about because you think you should care about them.
What you want, what you love, what you want to build your life into, what you want to leave behind when when you’re dead and gone…These are what you build. If you look at some action you could take and you don’t care about the work and the inevitable failures that you are going to have to get through before you can even hope to succeed—you’re going to do it, create it, build it anyway because it’s what you love—you’re on the right track.
- Figure out the steps you’ll have to take, the changes you will have to make, and the price you will have to pay to create your dream in the real world.
Cut out TV? Probably. Spend time teaching yourself everything you can about how others successfully accomplished what you hope to accomplish? Certainly. Sleep a little less? Maybe.
- Take action KNOWING that you will fail initially, and do everything you can to learn from each mistake so that you shorten the cycles of failure, and determine that you will commit to action—even when that action results in failure—until you succeed.
- Commit to improving on your successes, and learning how to do what you do well even better, so that success becomes easier and more certain over time.
- As you master each dream and make it a reality, add a new dream.
These are the steps I’ve taken in my own life.
I hope the help you find the joy and fulfillment in your own life they have given to mine.