It’s done! It feels like I’ve been working on Vipers’ Nest forever.
I can’t believe it, but it’s finally fully and completely revised, and I LOVE the way it came out.
This has been a brutal project, because it hit in the middle of personal chaos, website chaos, GDPR chaos…
And for the longest time, I couldn’t find the ending.
Well, yesterday I suddenly realized what had to happen to get me to the ending, and ripped out one old scene, and wrote one brand new scene today, and nailed it.
It took me four and a half hours from the time I started today until the time I did my many, many back-up saves.
But THIS is the story I wanted to write.
So now there are the following steps I have to get through before the book goes live.
- Matt has to fit me in between clients for a content edit.
- I have to revise to his edit.
- I have to gather up volunteers for a bug hunt.
- I have to revise to clean up what the bug hunters find
- I have to build the publishable edition of the book, assign ISBNs, and put it up on all the sites where it’s going.
I’m going wide with this one — publishing it from the very beginning on every site that I can find that will pay me regularly and reliably.
From this point on, I’m eschewing Amazon exclusives. They haven’t done anything for my sales, and they have kept my books off of other platforms. I gave them the best run I could, and I can only conclude that following that path is not in my best interests.
So I have everything working its way out of KDP select, and by the time I have everything done to take Vipers’ Nest live, MOST everything else will be available for distribution elsewhere.
So… Back to work. Still have about a few thousand more words to write of How to Write Short Stories Lesson 4: How to END Short — Landing, Twist, Resolution, and Meaning.