The final episode of Alone In A Room With Invisible People, my podcast with my fellow writer and daughter, Rebecca Galardo, aired last week (as I write this).
It was hard to decide to quit doing new episodes, but in the end, both Becca and I agreed we need to be fiction writers first and foremost. So we’re doing that.
BUT I have a multitude of writing resources to offer (free and paid), and Becca and I both have our fiction.
OUR FICTION UPDATES
Or download here:
PDF containing three samples of Holly’s fiction under pseudonyms: Dark SF, High Fantasy, and Small-Town Urban Fantasy, with sign-up forms for whichever one you’re interested in.
MY NONFICTION UPDATES
- Start with my free writing articles on this website
- Or take a free 9-Week Beginning Writer’s Working Tour — Nine free fiction lessons delivered by email once a week that give you “Where do I start?” help if you’re just starting to write fiction — or if you’ve gotten rusty.
- The Thursday List — A deep answer to one important fiction-writing question per week, also free.
- How to Find Your Fiction Mojo — free 5-day course in coming up with stories you’ll love to write that are RIGHT for you – one lesson per day for five days via email.
- For serious writers, look through my available free and paid writing classes.
- And of course you can always work your way through the Alone in a Room with Invisible People podcast again. Go through on your own or with fellow writers in the HollysWritingClasses.com podcast forum (still open, active, and free), hear listener questions and answers, do the workshops with us, and experience all three Halloweens of wonderful listener flash fiction.
[…] After the Podcast: Fiction for Readers, Help for Writers […]
Hi Holly! By any chance would it be possible to get an update on The Emerald Sun/Sky? I’d love to know where it’s at! (Or not at, if you decided to shelve/postpone/cancel it)
I’m writing a five-book Urban Fantasy series for adults under a pseudonym right now.
If it catches on… and all five books have to be written first before I can bring them out… I have The Wishbone Conspiracy (next Cadence Drake) written and waiting on revision.
And Emerald Sun is outlined and several chapters in… and will be the next book I complete.
If what I’m doing now works to help me find more readers, I’ll be able to relaunch both the Cadence Drake/Settled Space series and the Moon & Sun series and, with luck, be able to write in all three.
So at this point, all I can say is “Wish me luck on the Ohio Series launch.” Best estimate is all the work to get that live is going to require another two years.
This is a wealth of data to keep a writer busy for quite a while! Thanks. Be getting back to my revision of book one but need that fresh writing fix as well.
I hope you find it helpful. Becca and I had a lot of fun with the podcast, and I think it will make a good resource for writers for quite some time. And yeah, I do have a lot of written material on this site for writers. Thank you for letting me know you’re getting some use out of it.
I wanted to sign up for the pseudonym sampler but I’m running into the same 404 Not Found problem another comment mentioned.
Apparently my provider had some down time yesterday. Please try the link again. When I just tested it a minute ago, it worked.Apparently my provider had some down time yesterday. Please try the link again. When I just tested it a minute ago, it worked.
Hi Holly, the link to your fiction sampler seems to go to a 404 page for me – wasn’t sure if it was just my computer or if the link needed tinkering.
I just realized that I should clarify – the link on this page works, but when I use the sign-up link on the next page (where you put your name and email and hit submit) it ends up on a 404 page.
Apparently my provider had some down time yesterday. Please try the link again. When I just tested it a minute ago, it worked.
Hello I have been a big fan for a long time and I was just wondering if you recall the title of a book that you wrote about a clairvoyant and a little girl named chick.
I do. The book is Midnight Rain, and it and two of the three others that I wrote in that genre are in print under my Kate Aeon pseudonym, here.
I have one more book I wrote in that genre that I need to republish, but ran into a bit of technical trouble with it, and haven’t been able to take it live yet.