- YA Fantasy
- Fantasy and Science Fiction
- The Ruby Key: Moon & Sun I, Orchard Books, hardcover (ISBN-13: 978-0545000123), May 2008
- The Silver Door: Moon & Sun II, Orchard Books, hardcover, coming in 2009
Stand-alone epic high-fantasy romance novels.
Stand-alone mainstream paranormal suspense novels.
Crossover contemporary fantasy trilogy.
High-fantasy series complete in three books.
- Vincalis the Agitator, Warner Aspect (ISBN: 0-446-67899-6), March 2002
These are linked contemporary crossover fantasy stand-alones listed in preferred reading order.
- Minerva Wakes; Baen Books (ISBN: 0-671-72202-6) — January 1994 Contemporary crossover fantasy
- When the Bough Breaks; (with Mercedes Lackey) (ISBN: 0-671-72154-2) — February 1993 Contemporary crossover fantasy
- Mall, Mayhem and Magic; (with Chris Guin), Baen Books (ISBN: 0-671-87678-3) — August 1995 Contemporary crossover fantasy
- The Rose Sea; (with S.M.Stirling), Baen Books (ISBN: 0-671-87620-1) — September 1994 High fantasy
- Curse of the Black Heron; Baen Books (ISBN: 0-671-87868-9) — March 1998
- Thunder of the Captains; (with Aaron Allston), Baen Books (ISBN: 0-671-87731-3) — July 1996
- Wrath of the Princes; (with Aaron Allston) , Baen Books (ISBN: 0-671-87771-2) — March 1997
Fantasy novels very loosely based on the Bard’s Tale game
- “Knight and the Enemy,” The Enchanter Reborn; L. Sprague de Camp and Christopher Stasheff, eds., Baen Books. (ISBN: 0-671-72134-8) — September 1992
- “Armor-ella,” Chicks in Chainmail; Esther Friesner ed., Baen Books (ISBN: 0-671-87682-1) — September 1995
- “A Few Good Men,” Women at War (hard cover and trade paper); Lois McMaster Bujold ed., Tor Books — December 1, 1992.